I have written before about the ways you can find clients (especially if you live in the boonies).
There was one that I left out. For that, I apologize.
My motives were pure: I left it out because I know it strikes fear into the hearts of many.
However, I now realize that I was wrong to ignore it. It's a tool you all surely have, and it's something completely free to use if you already have it (it's already in your budget).
That marketing tool is your phone.
DON'T STOP READING! You can learn to love the phone. Trust me.
I know that there are hundreds (thousands?) of books and programs out there that promise you'll never have to pick up the phone to generate leads. Lots of them probably work. I'm not saying that you have to use your phone if you want to succeed.
But...why wouldn't you?
"I hate using the phone" isn't an excuse. We all do things we don't like in the course of the day, right? Some things aren't fun, but they have to be done.
Here are a few tips about using the phone to build your biz:
1. Choose the people you reach out to wisely. The DNC list makes reaching out to people iffy, but businesses and other groups are okay. Previous customers are okay. You can go here to learn more about the provisions of the DNC list.
2. Figure out who you should reach out to. What group(s) would benefit most from what you offer? What should you offer on the phone call?
3. Have a simple script. Don't get long-winded. Two sentences should be more than enough.
Here is an example:
Let's say I sell candles.
Candles can be challenging because every store sells them. What can you offer someone that they can't get at the store? You may offer a unique scent, which is good. You might also offer a personalized touch that they can't get in the store.
I would try two different tactics and see which one works best for you:
1. Offer samples of your unique candle scent. OR
2. Offer to give a presentation on something candle-related. (Like "10 Ways to Set the Mood with Candles")
I'd find women's groups in my area and call them up.
1. "Hi, my name is Shay and I'm with Widget Candles. I'd like to offer your members a free sample of our Unique Candle Scent, plus 10% off their purchase." Then see what they say.
2. "Hi, my name is Shay and I'm with Widget Candles. Do you ever need speakers for your events?" If yes, then, "I have a presentation about '10 Ways to Redecorate Using Candles.' Would that be a topic you'd be interested in?" And then see what they say.
Some will say no. It's okay. Thank them for their time and dial the next group.
If anyone says yes, be sure to follow up!
Don't fear the phone. Use it to build an incredible business.
Need help? Click here to contact me.
Wishing you Peace, Long Life, and Success --
L. Shay Bradham
Get weekly tips on how to make your home based business thrive!
PLUS get a FREE issue
of Thriving Work at Home Moms
Click the heart below!